We have the pleasure of inviting you to participate in a Study Tour to Brussels, as a part of the Media Neighbourhood programme, to gain an informed insight on the process of formulation of EU’s Policy to Russia.
Media Neighbourhood programme is funded by the European Union and delivered by a consortium led by BBC Media Action.
EU experts will accompany you during this visit to offer inside knowledge of the EU foreign policy and decision making process and will help identify potential information sources about the EU.
The Study Tour, to take place April 8-10 2014, will include visits and opportunities to gather material and conduct interviews with top EU policy makers and media actors at:
- EU Parliament;
- Delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- The Council of the EU;
- The European Commission;
- European External Action Service;
- European Media – EurActiv, EuparlTV, Council TV Room,
- BBC – Brussels, AFP – Brussels, other European broadcasters covering the EU;
- European Think Tanks and Civil Society Organizations
In order to benefit most from the proposed study tour, you are expected to meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Have a current long-term involvement with a media outlet;
- Demonstrate a track record in covering international affairs, particularly with regard to the EU in the press and in broadcast media;
- Demonstrate a track of publications in on-line media on international affairs particularly with regard to the EU;
- Have evidence of institutional support from their employer – e.g. letter of support and written commitment to releasing the journalist for participation;
Participants are expected to have clearly defined objectives prior to the study tour and the visit should link closely to a proposed piece of programming/article to be produced on return home.
Your travel, hotel accommodation and meals will be covered by BBC Media Action.
If you are interested in attending this course please could you respond to Brenda Bogaert at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st 2014 confirming you will be available on these dates to attend the Study Tour. We will then provide you with further information regarding the visa application process, Study Tour itinerary and logistics.