Multiplatform Journalism: Reporting the EU
11-13 March, 2014, Kyiv
BBC Media Action is leading a series of workshops, as part of the EU-funded Media Neighbourhood Project, in the areas of professional multiplatform journalism across the Middle East, North Africa and Eastern Europe.
Media Neighbourhood is a three- year training programme for journalists, editors and managers from broadcast, print and online. It is funded by the European Union and delivered by a consortium led by BBC Media Action.
The programme has two main aims.
To strengthen the professional capacity of journalists, particularly in the areas of media independence and online media.
To improve the reporting of EU social, economic and political policies within the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Caucasus
The project is currently looking for Ukrainian journalists whoare interested in a 3 day training event which will cover the following areas:
• Multi-platform journalism skills
• Editorial Guidelines in a multi-platform world
• Covering the EU – tips and professional resources
• Writing across platforms (different writing style, headlines, summaries, captions)
• Working with pictures across platforms
• Video across platforms (including writing to pictures and online video formats)
• Blogging (including blogging tools and aggregators)
• Social Media integration
The training will be delivered interactively, with practical exercises focused on examples of the country’s relations with the EU.
You will have worked in any established outlet of any media platform for at least 2 years as a reporter or editor.
Ideally you will have an interest in covering international news, especially concerning the EU and related subjects.
Application and Information
To apply please send a CV and a letter outlining your experience and your suitability
to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by January 14th, 2014.